PRIVACY AND COOKIES POLICY
This is the Privacy & Cookies Policy (the “Policy”) of Virtual Dining Concepts (UK) Limited, a company incorporated under the laws of England and Wales with company number 13253829 whose registered office is Elsley Court, 20-22 Great Titchfield Street, London, United Kingdom, W1W 8BE (hereafter ‘VDC’, ‘we’ or ‘us’). This Policy describes the ways in which VDC collects and uses information about you when you use our website at https://virtualdiningconcepts.uk/ or any other websites of our associated brands, a list of which is available here (together the “Websites”).
VDC may change this Policy at any time and whilst it will tell you about what it feels are key changes to the Policy, please check it regularly to keep up-to-date. If you do not wish to accept the new Policy you should stop using the Websites. If you continue to use the Websites after the changes, your continued use of the Websites shows us your agreement to be bound by the new Policy.
This Policy was last changed in August 2022.
- ICO registration: For the purposes of data protection legislation, VDC is the controller for the processing of your personal data and has registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (“ICO”).
- Information we use about you: With the exception of the VDC website itself where we only collect and process information via the use of the cookies and technologies set out in paragraph 7 below, we collect and process the following information from you on each Website:
What information do we collect?
When do we collect this?
How do we use this information?
● Phone number
● Email address
● Restaurant name
● Restaurant address
● Role within the Restaurant
If you choose to sign up your restaurant with VDC.
To make our services available to you.
We require certain details about you and your restaurant in order to assess your eligibility for providing the service.
● Phone number
● Email address
● Delivery address
● Credit card details
If you place an order for any of the products we offer under our brands (the list of which is provided via the link above).
To fulfil your orders.
We require this information to fulfil your order.
● Phone number
● Email address
● Date of birth
If you sign up to join our e-Club.
To keep you up to date with e-Club offers via e-mail.
You choose to sign up to the e-Club and provide us with your details. We need to use these details to keep you informed of the services offered by the restaurants. You may opt-out at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link within the body of the e-mail itself.
- Sharing your information with third parties: Some of the information VDC collects from you is passed to third parties. These third parties are:
- website hosting providers, including WP Engine;
- customer management systems providers such as Salesforce and Pardot;
- ordering platform providers such as Flipdish and accompanying delivery service providers such as Stuart;
- third party food delivery companies such as Deliveroo, Uber Eats and Just Eat;
- our market partner restaurants if you choose to order any products from them via any Website;
- certain third party analytics and cookies providers as described further in paragraph 7 below;
- our regulator (the ICO);
- in anonymised form, VDC may share the information with:
- any third party, in relation to the sale of some or all of VDC’s business, or its assets, or as part of any business restructuring or reorganisation. VDC will take steps with the aim of ensuring that your rights continue to be protected if your personal data is transferred under these circumstances;
- data aggregators and platform providers as part of an analysis of user metrics or sales performance; or
- law enforcement agencies in compliance with law enforcement.
- Links to third party websites: VDC is not responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other sites even if you access them via the Websites. You should check the policy of each site you visit and contact its owner or operator if you have any concerns or questions.
- Security: VDC has implemented technology and policies to safeguard your privacy from unauthorised access and improper use.
- Storage and Data Retention: We store your personal data in the USA. Where we transfer personal data outside the UK and/or EEA we ensure that we have an appropriate adequacy ground to do so e.g., SCCs. We retain your data for no longer than is reasonable in line with the purposes for which it was originally collected.
- Disabling Cookies: The use of the cookies described above improves the functionality of the Websites and your experience of using them. If you do not want these cookies to be served on your device, you are able to disable them by changing the settings on the Websites or on your device. Please note that if you do decide to disable cookies you may not be able to access some of the Websites, and some of the features of the Websites may not function properly.
- More information: To find out more about how cookies work, how to manage and delete them and to see which ones have been set please visit aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
This cookie is used by the applicable Website’s WordPress theme. It allows the Website owner to implement or change the Website’s content in real time.
N/A – this is a necessary cookie.
This cookie is set by Facebook to display advertisements
when either on Facebook or on a digital platform powered by Facebook advertising, after visiting the Website.
Vimeo installs this cookie to collect tracking information
by setting a unique ID to embed videos to the applicable Website.
Google Tag Manager _gcl_au
Provided by Google Tag Manager to experiment
advertisement efficiency of websites using their services.
Google Analytics _ga, _gid and _gat_UA-142371946-1
The _ga cookie calculates visitor, session and campaign
data and also keeps track of the applicable Website usage for the Website’s analytics report. The cookie stores information anonymously and assigns a
randomly generated number.
The _gid cookie stores information on how visitors use a Website, while also creating an analytics report of the Website’s performance. Some of the data that is collected include the number of visitors, their source, and the pages they visit anonymously.
The _gat_UA-142371946-1 is a variation of the _gat cookie set by Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager to allow the Website owner to track visitor behaviour and measure a Website’s performance. The pattern element in the name contains the unique identity number of the account or Website it relates to.
This cookie, set by Cloudfl are, is used to support Cloudfl are Bot Management.
- Exercising your rights: You can contact us using the details set out in paragraph 9 below if you wish to: (i) access a copy of the personal data that we hold about you; (ii) correct any items of personal data that we hold about you; and/or (iii) have any items of personal data that we hold about you erased or object to our processing of such items of personal data.
- VDC Details: If at any time you would like to contact VDC about your views on this Policy or any enquiry relating to your personal information, you can do so by sending an e-mail to us at or write to us at Virtual Dining Concepts (UK) Limited, Elsley Court, 20-22 Great Titchfield Street, London, United Kingdom, W1W 8BE. You also have the right to make a complaint to the ICO by contacting them at any time.